Merdeka considers Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as a key component of our business sustainability. Merdeka considers ourselves an integral part of the local communities, and is fully aware that our presence has a profound influence on the lives and livelihoods of people in the region. As a company that benchmarks itself to world-class best practice standards, Merdeka endeavors to contribute to the welfare of communities in which we operate, while striving its best to minimize any negative impact from its operations to the communities.
To deliver the above commitment, the company, its management, all its employees and contractors at all sites are committed to:
- Recognize and respect the culture, beliefs, and values of indigenous people and local communities where we operate.
- Promote transparency and openness in communications with all stakeholders to ensure common understanding and constructive interaction.
- Obtain community support by delivering shared values and knowledge, capacity building, beneficial partnership, provide a lasting positive socio-economic benefit and sustainable development to the community.
- Comply with relevant laws and regulations where we operate.
- Maintain positive communication with government, community, and other related stakeholders in resolving disagreements, issues, and challenges to ensure a fair and mutually beneficial outcome.
- Allocate an appropriate external affairs resources and comprehensive system which includes policies, standards, procedures, and programs in all operations as integral part of the business.